"and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free" John 8:32

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..." Charles Dickens


Sunday, September 26, 2010

Riding the 'coaster'.....

As my blog title says, 'it's been the best of times and the worst of times', right now, it's the best of times. We had a good weekend together after a kinda rocky week; I think that Ms C is begining to understand what makes me be the person that I am. And much credit has to go to Helen Boyd's 'My Husband Betty' which she has been reading and talking about.

I forgot about my 'aniversary' on September 18th, the day that I came out of the closet to my wife. I remember it being one of the most difficult things that I have ever done but, looking back now it was also one of the most liberating and freeing feeling. We have had some real hard times in this past year and our marriage was in trouble on several occasions (and still could be-remember no guarantee came with this life). So far only three people know of my gender identity, my wife, my therapist 'J', and 'Donna' from Tri-ESS and for now that is enough.

And Eleanor gets to go out on the town this weekend! Ms C is going out of town to visit her girlfriend and that gives me free time to go to the city for a 'fix', I used to life in Chicago and sometimes miss that life. Of course Ms C knows that I will be out and about as Eleanor and I'm OK with it as well as she is. Like I said, there is an understanding that has developed and she knows that I need to get out once in a while. And this time Eleanor will be sporting a skirt and heeled sandals. Maybe eventually we can go out together, but baby steps first.

Hugs, Elly

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Happy anniversary, Elly! Have a good time out this weekend!

Melissa XX