"and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free" John 8:32

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..." Charles Dickens


Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Hair Today....

After a very bumpy Friday night we settled down and had some serious conversation this past Saturday, in fact we talked all day about 'it' (it being my transgender self). I had Ms C read from the introduction of Helen Boyd's excellent (so far) book, My husband Betty. Our conversation continued as we talked about how important our marriage was and the need to work through these issues that are between us. I think I got through to her that I was not given a choice to be transgender, it's something that is wired in my brain and that I probably got a huge estrogen wash while in my mother's womb, she probably was on DES as I am from that era. Anyway, the day ended in each other's arms with love prevailing.

Sunday morning we took our boat out fishing off-shore. As we trolled out in the big pond (Atlantic Ocean) we continued talking and healing the damage that took place Friday. Ms C brought up the subject of Fantasy Fest and the need to make plans. Fantasy Fest is a week long celebration of Halloween in Key West Florida. Key West is a very LGBT-friendly town and the big parade is something to see. Every one's in costume of some sort and yes, paint is a costume too. She wants to go as Lady GaGa and thought that I should go as Blondie (Debra Harry). She said of course you'd have to shave your legs and I said good, I hate these hairy legs, can't stand the fur any more. I was warned that there is lots of maintenance being fur free but if you want to go do it it's OK with me. What a change so I grabbed the opportunity and ran with the ball. After we had put things away from fishing I went into the backyard armed with hedge shears (electric razor with trimmer) and went at it. Inside with shaving cream and a fresh blade I completed the job; of course, I nicked myself several times but the results were worth it. What a fabulous feeling to have smooth legs and they don't look bad either, Elly's got some legs!

And yes, we caught fish too, a nice sized dolphin (mahi-mahi) was landed by Ms C, yummy!

Hugs, Elly

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Nothing feels better, than the first time you shave your legs! Suddenly you realize what you've been missing all these years. But along with shaving comes stubble, and depending on how coarse your hair is, that can be very irritating if you try to shave more than a couple of times a week. Eventually I switched to an epilator. Yanking the hair out by the root, hurts like hell the first few times, but it gets easier each time you do it. Eventually it becomes no more than a mild prickly feeling when you do it. An added benefit of epilating, is that eventually the hair grows back finer, and in some cases it gets eliminated all together. My legs have only a fraction of the hair they had, when I first began epilating years ago.

It sounds like you and your wife have made some significant progress. Who knows? She might find that she really enjoys being around the real you.

Key West sounds like a great place to be on Halloween.

Melissa XX

Jenny said...

You've just prompted me to take a minute wading through Google Images looking at Blondie album covers :)

Mrs. J and I have certainly had *those* conversations aplenty. They'll never go away, just as having a brain from the girl parts bin will never go away. But it sounds as though you've reached a similar position to us, by being straight up with Mrs.J she is confident that there's no deception and by involving herself in my forays into the world of transgender she's found new friends and had plenty of fun herself.

Halle said...

Good for Ms.C; she sounds like a 'keeper' for sure! :P

It has always been clear that being born in Canada was a mixed blessing. Key West sounds like a great place as Melissa says, and fresh mahi-mahi too! Mmmmm.