It's been a while since I last posted, just been busy with what life offers (and doesn't). I know, you get out of life what you put into it but sometimes it just doesn't happen. All in all though, life has been good as of late.
In my last post I started to touch on this concept of blended gender and have been thinking of it lately. For me, being 'blended' male and female makes sense; it kind of eliminates the harshness of an either/or and allows the grey to shine. Earlier, I wanted to place a number value like 60/40 or 40/60; now, it's this blend that defines me. It's probably a situational variance depending on what I'm doing or where I'm at and I'm OK with that. Always have disliked the either/or, my gender is blurred somewhere between the two.
And this blending goes out into the physical world too. Even though I appear male I incorporate many 'girl' elements in my clothing and appearance; long hair, shaped nails with clear polish, trimmed and shaped eyebrows, underwear, golden earrings, and the wonder of shaved legs. I often wear girl shirts and shorts though admittedly they are androgynous in look. And then there is the leather bag that I carry, maybe not a big deal in the EU or UK, but here in the states in non-metro areas it's rare. I couldn't live without one now, it holds all the stuff that I used to cram in my pockets. All this helps me keep peace with my spirit on a daily basis; of course, there are the times that I do go out dressed as Eleanor. I really enjoy shopping and going out for lunch or dinner as Elly and I'm much more confidant now going out than I was a year ago. Actually, I'm much more comfortable with myself as this 'blended' person, I feel that I've made a lot of progress in self-understanding.
Hugs, Elly
4 comments:
Gotta agree that I could not go back to bulging pockets! I have a purse, and a backpack for larger loads, like going shopping.
Halle
Your incorporated girl elements may make you feel androgynous, or blended as you say, but really, that sounds pretty much like the average casual everyday presentation of most modern women.
Melissa XX
I use a bag for work to carry all the things I may need during the day. I went for the most I thought I could get away with - it has been called my handbag by a few of the guys in the office (and to be fair it is a Kipling handbag / laptop bag).
I couldn't cope without one going to work now!
Stace
I like the concept of a blendede gender. I surmise that most people are somewhat of a blend. It may be too limiting to cap the blend at 100%. I think I would prefer count my gender issues as a blessing. I see it as augmenting the whole. Perhaps I am 80% male and 50% female. Even in guy mode, my mind will flip on the gender switch and allow my musings and insights to take on a definate feminine patina.
Pat
Post a Comment