It's another 'girl day', I woke up this morning and felt that yet again my brain and body just didn't match up. The pink fog had returned, probably started by the dream I had just before waking. The kind where it's so real that one has to ask "is it?
I was wearing this dress and was much younger that I am now. The dress was white with a floral pattern of tiny black flowers, the length was just above my knees. The neckline was a scoop and the sleeves were 3/4 length and very deep. I looked beautiful in it (remember, anything is possible in a dream!). And then, poof, the alarm went off for my favorite day of the week, Monday; but I do still have a job.
I actually did manage to work on my manuscript this weekend and I'm quite pleased with what I've written. Tentatively, I've labeled it Silence, an Ending. I thought of calling it The Silence, but that would be stealing the title of a great film by Ingmar Bergman. Writing is so much easier than it was in the day of typewriters and correction tape; I can still remember spending a whole weekend trying to type a paper for school only to get to the end of a page and make a mistake, having to start over again. I did write my outline the old-fashion way, on paper with a pencil, a yellow #2 PaperMate. Guess that the PC is not so bad after-all for creative writing.
Hugs, Elly
2 comments:
Writing on a computer is so much easier, but sometimes I really miss the tap tap rhythm of my old Royal portable, punctuated by the warning bell as I was about to run out of space on the page, then hitting the carriage return bar to sling the platen back to the left for a new line. I wonder if some of our younger readers even know what I'm talking about.
The dream dress sounds sweet!
Melissa XX
I am just catching up on your blog and this entry has inspired three related areas of discussion.
1. Are our 'pink fog' proclivities cyclical. Do we have some time periods when the girl inside is well hidden and not a real factor in our day to day functioning and other times when that girl inside is screaming and clawing to get out?
2. Do we benefit from being able to diary or write about our alternative selves?
3. Dreams, what do they mean and how vivid do they become? What is their origin?
These are major issues and because I suspect that there is a limit on the amount of content I can place in a blog comment I will try to write you an email on these three subjects.
Pat
Post a Comment