"and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free" John 8:32

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..." Charles Dickens


Monday, October 25, 2010

Newbie-in-the-group

Last Saturday was the local group session of the Tri-Ess nearest to me. I chickened out last month because I felt that Ms. C wasn't fully approving. Anyway, I told her that I intended on going to the group on Saturday and nothing much more was said about it all week. Saturday I gave her a printed address of where I was going and said that I'm going as Eleanor.

I began to get ready feeling rather weird with my wife in the house, it's been a case of 'don't ask, don't look' with regard to me being the other me; I've never dressed in front of my wife other than Fantasy Fest (a great Halloween party in the US) in Key West. I put my makeup on very carefully-not too much, and dressed. I came out and said my good-by with Ms C hardly looking at me (but I could 'feel' her checking me out).

An hour and a half later I was at the home of the facilitator where the group was to meet. I was greeted and introduced to everyone, there were two married couples and the rest of us, a total of eight. Small talk and a bit of business and then the wine merchant came in, the night was to be a wine tasting; of course, everyone bought at least one bottle. All in all, I felt very welcomed and accepted; of course, we were all 'checking each other out' I'm sure, but it wasn't the nightmare I thought was possible. I don't know if it (group) will give me what I need or help, but I'm going to go back next month at least to retrieve my bottle of wine! Got back about eleven and 'de-rigged' myself and went to bed.

Sunday, as is our habit, we went to the beach to enjoy the ocean and each other's company and a few cold beers too. Mother Atlantic was no place for boating at least with our boat, a 20' (~6+m) center consoled outboard. The beach is fine for our conversation, which we had. Ms C asked me how the evening went and I related the group to her. She made a comment that had an almost magical effect on me, she said I've never seen you this happy before. (Hmmm, could it be because I've been out as Elly several times this month?) I pretty much got a 'kitchen pass' from her to go back to the group meetings; I think that she is beginning to understand this previously hidden part of her husband. Or am I wrong again?

As Joe Ely sang, "The road goes on forever, And the party never ends..." (somehow I'll figure out how to embed a song)

Hugs, Elly

2 comments:

Leslie Ann said...

Awright, girl! That worked out grandly. Good to hear Ms. C kept her cool, and noted your happiness.

Melissa said...

Congratulations Elly! Hopefully one day, Mrs C will want to accompany you to a meeting.

Melissa XX