"and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free" John 8:32

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..." Charles Dickens


Wednesday, February 9, 2011

One Human Family-continued

This past weekend we had house guests, seems to be common here during this time of the year. It's cold and grey up north and everyone is tired of winter and in need of sunshine. Years ago there was a comic strip called "Buzz Sawyer and his pal Roscoe Sweeney" and it dealt with visitors from the north coming to Florida and his difficulty in getting them to leave.

Anyway, our guests were Ms C's only niece and her girlfriend. The niece, whom I'll call 'D' is the one who came out at Christmas time as lesbian to her mother. I was asked if it was OK prior to their visit and I said of course it's OK. I had met "D" before and she's a good, funny, and intelligent young woman. Her girlfriend was equally charming and definitely the 'male' of the couple.

We had a very pleasant weekend which consisted of going out for dinner, boating on the Indian River Lagoon (yes, they have named a grapefruit brand after it), and going to the beach. I'd like to think that they felt comfortable in our home and have no reason to suspect otherwise. And, unlike Roscoe Sweeney's situation, they left Monday morning.

Hugs, Elly

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Beautiful, Ellie!

Melissa XX