Hope all of you had a pleasant Valentine's Day with your significant other, I did. When I went into the kitchen yesterday morning there was a card awaiting me, "To My Husband...". I had purchased a pair of gold and emerald earrings the week before and gave them to Ms C with a kiss and we both hurried out of the house to our jobs. That evening when I got home she presented to me a beautiful bouquet of white/yellow roses, my favorite. And then she very mysteriously said, ''do you feel like a princess?" Of course I felt like a princess with flowers like those-just wasn't dressed like one!
Our dinner was one that I had planned out the past weekend and it went very well. We dined on medallions of pork tenderloin in a mango sauce with wilted baby spinach tossed with fresh tomato and mango chunks served over quinoa. Quinoa is an ancient grain (actually a flower seed) of the Incas of South America that very much looks like couscous when cooked. Our dinner was completed with a glass of red wine followed by a piece of Killwin's chocolate for dessert. I think Ms C keeps me around for my cooking, many times she has said that she's very lucky to have a personal chef in the house and that my dinners are many times better than what is available in the restaurants. :-) To paraphrase a line from BB King, "The thrill is NOT gone".
Hugs, Elly
2 comments:
Nice post Elly! Your flowers sound pretty (a lovely gesture by your wife), your cooking sounds delish!
Melissa XX
My wife has never been a really big fan of my dressing. Now that we are empty nesters, however, she is becoming more and more comfortable with the concept of a spare wife.
Very often on weekends I will dress and cook. I have mastered several dishes.
This freedom to dress around the house when I am cooking or cleaning has proven to be mutually beneficial to both of us.
Pat
Post a Comment