This past Tuesday was therapy day, yay! I always look forward to my session with 'J', she's very intelligent and is able to get me to arrange my thoughts in a way that I find very helpful. We were talking about my recent mall trip and my thoughts on how it went when she brought this idea to my attention-no one needs to know who one really is, at what stage one is at in their presentation. Whether I am just a guy-in-a-dress, a very passable guy-in-girl-clothes, or some one on their way with transition, it doesn't matter what others think; it's a very private and personal bit of information, it's me or you and it's OK. No one really needs to know at what stage I'm at, if any stage of transition or not. It's also OK to have clean-shaven legs, carry a bag (read: purse), and have pierced ears; if anyone asks it is who I am, no different than a tattoo, saggin pants, or wearing a buzz-cut. I walked away with a smile on my face again-always happens with therapy.
On another note my wife came home from work on Wednesday armed with a bag of clothes. One of her co-workers has a sister that owns a consignment shop and had brought in some items to see if there was any interest in them in the office. Well, Ms. C scored really big and got some really cute and beautiful things. As she pulled them out and showed them to me I got really envious and almost asked, "where's mine?" (figured that wouldn't have been good!). Anyway, she put on a fashion show for me and really did look good in her new clothes, some of the items still had the store tags on them. Guess I need to start shopping at consignment shops too for Elly clothes.
Hugs, Elly
1 comment:
I like your therapist's attitude! And of course she is absolutely right!
To bad your wife didn't think to grab something in your size, but at least you got to enjoy the fashion show she put on for you.
Melissa xx
Post a Comment