"and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free" John 8:32

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..." Charles Dickens


Friday, July 30, 2010

Bad Hair Day

I'm talking about a REALLY BAD hair day.

A few weeks ago my wife was out of town visiting family so that gave me 8 days as Eleanor. A background about me; my hair is below shoulder length, a light brown (OK, there is some gray), and I usually wear it in a tight ponytail when in 'drab'. It's long because it's for "Locks of Love" (cancer organisation that gives wigs to patients) and this will be my second 'harvest' or donation. Anyway, I wanted to play stylist so I bought a round styling brush, washed my hair and added some styling gel. I plugged in the blow dryer grabbed the brush and was in business....of a hopeless tangled mess. The brush was severely stuck in my tangles, hair was wrapped around the brush in both directions, it took 40 minutes to free it from my hair. At one point I thought that the only way out was to cut, but patience persevered and I was able to get all the tangles out eventually.

After that, I wore my hair down and straight when I went out as Elly. It would have made some great video if I hadn't been so frustrated! When I do get it cut I want a very androgynous cut, one that will work both female and male. Any suggestions?

Hugs, Elly

2 comments:

Melissa said...

No suggestions here, just a good laugh, after having gone thorough it myself.

Halle said...

Sorry, I mean, really SORRY :P that I cannot relate!

Good for you being in your fifties and still having enough hair to be able to donate for such a worthy cause.