"and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free" John 8:32

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..." Charles Dickens


Tuesday, April 19, 2011

"It's Medication Time..."

One of the greatest lines from the novel written by Ken Kesey, and the movie that starred Jack Knickolson: "One Flew Over the Cookoo's Nest".

Tuesday was Therapy Day for me with "J", she's great and I'm very fortunate to have found her locally (well, 40 minutes drive time from home). One of the topics of conversation was the idea that the normally wonderful Ms 'C' thought that it was essential that I go on 'medication', to improve my mood, there's something wrong with me and lots of people are on 'meds'. Well, I have had a lot of experience on phsycotropic meds, they almost killed me back in 1997 (I was 46 at the time-do the math to see how old I'm not); I had a massive heart attack (also know as a Myocardial Infraction) in part, by the heavy psycotrophic meds that I was taking to make me feel 'good'. In short, it wasn't the drugs, but a genetic 'thing'; but it got me to thinking that medication is good for some things but not always good for others. The medication didn't make my life better, it was a situational thing; I was in a really bad romance (think Lady Gaga) and the only cure was to divorce my wife. Had I not, I wouldn't have lived long, my daughters would have been fatherless. I took the expensive and painful approach and went thru with divorce so that I could live. My mood improved and I fell in love yet again-though with a bit more caution this time, I think moving to The Sunshine State (Florida-USA) also helped. Medication is not always the answer, in my case I 'passed' the test this past Tuesday; I'm not a candidate for referral to a psychiatrist for medication-at this time.

Those of us that have been gifted with being transgender need to realize this wonderful gift that we have been given is an outlook on life that is different from others; we can see both sides-I am Man and I am Woman! Wow! Fluid gender identity, two-spirit, and bi-gendered; it all works for me to describe how I feel about myself. Now, I just need to have others accept it, like Ms C...

Hugs, Elly

No comments: