Today, I had to join some of my work comrades for a 'field trip' to make observations and take field dimensions and photos of what we need to design to. The drive to the site was about two hours and was filled with much 'guy talk'-I remained silent.
I didn't fit in...
Once we arrived at the job site, we were meet by two other guys who we were to work with from the primary contractor, they brought us to the job site by barge to the work site. It was a day of 'guys on a job-site'; I was way out of my comfort zone, and the best place was to be far from others, not much room on a barge of it's size.
I didn't feel good...
We finished our tasks for the day and drove back (I drove) to our facility.
I was the loner...
I was 'the girl'; except, they didn't know...
Hugs, Elly
5 comments:
I understand this only too well. Blokes eh!
Been there too Elly, so my heart is with you. I had to work almost exclusively with men for my entire career, and with each passing year, the guy talk just got harder to take. I was so glad when I could finally retire.
Melissa XX
Everything is tolerable in small doses, but a whole working day of it.. ugh.
The concept of "Men Behaving Badly" may provide enough humor to promote a sit-com but, by and large, most women are offended by the un-holy trilogy of "rude, crude and lewd" behaviour by men.
For the most part men will temper that type of conduct when in the presence of females but let it hang out when in the company of males.
For some, that sort of 'frat boy' behavior is a form of relaxation or stress relief. I can recognize that this form of 'male bonding' has its time and place and I have no issues with understanding its positive and negative components.
As for me I like the stress relief afforded by slipping into a dress, hosiery, heels and makeup. Both forms of behavior are hard to explain to others who do not naturally comprehend these things.
Pax
Pat
I so know the feeling...
Calie xxx
Post a Comment