Yes, even in South Florida it's been a cold week. We've had freezing weather throughout the state and many vegetable crops will be affected and that will result in higher prices in the markets. About 30% of domestic winter fresh vegetables and fruit come from Florida. The thermometer on our screen porch has read 34F (~0C) for a couple of mornings and we live very close (1mi-1.6km) to the Atlantic Ocean. One thing good about this cold is that one has to wear a sweater, and to those of us wandering between genders it means under-dressing without being 'read'. I've worn a sports bra several times this past cold spell and as it helps keep me warm it also helps with the gender balance/imbalance in my head.
The 'flat' period has left after a week and things are well again. Actually, I'm rather happy now; maybe it's the 'cold weather clothing' that is helping or maybe our upcoming vacation to the Florida Keys at Christmas-time. We have been spending ten days camping and fishing on the Atlantic for six years now, it's the best way to spend Christmas vacation for Ms C and I. There is a lot of preparation work getting ready so it keeps my mind occupied; last Saturday I replaced the wheel bearings on our boat trailer, it's got two axles so a lot of work. April, among others can appreciate the work involved, it's just a bit tougher with Elly involved also.
This morning I read an excellent post at Virginia's Tonic with a blog entitled "Keeping Quiet". In the post she had a link to her spouse's blog that looks at life from the perspective of a wife. It really gave me something to think about as I thought of my own wife, Ms C, and how I have affected her and our marriage. I guess sometimes I've been very selfish with my needs and not understanding enough about her feelings too. I have to remember that just as I have needs and feeling so does she and that together we will work things out so that we remain together in our marriage. Just trying to remember that just as life is a process it's also not a 'dress rehearsal'.
Hugs, Elly
No comments:
Post a Comment